Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Profiles in Artistry - Gabriella Kiss

As a "late in life" jewelry maker (and teacher), I find inspiration for metal clay work in the work of others. Fine jewelers, ceramists, cabinet makers (woodworkers), painters, etc. Not to say I copy what they do, but if I'm attracted enough to a person's work, I find that upon closer examination their aesthetic closely mirrors my own. In the small details of their voice, I find an element that I can harmonize with. Today's profile was originally put on Vimeo, from whence it has since been deleted. I highly encourage you to click on this to see a video profile on the fabulous goldsmith Gabriella Kiss.







Posted by Lora Hart
Artistic Advisor

2 comments:

Lori Field said...

I was thrilled to discover the CornerStone blog yesterday and have looked through every entry. I am a visual artist who has just added a body of work in metal clay to my repertoire..a line of wall relief sculpture in precious and base metal clay that can be seen in an installation context and also worn individually as adornment. Everything on this blog is informative and encouraging to me - since I've a lot of experience in exhibiting my fine art work but none to speak of in terms of my metal clay artisan pieces. I also love the advice here about teaching metal clay, something I've been doing since getting my certification a little over a year ago. Cornerstone is now book marked for me to check every day and go back over the entries!

Jen said...

Thank you for the lovely comment, Lori. What a wonderful way to start the weekend! We hope the blog will continue to be a valuable resource for you in the future.