Tuesday, September 9, 2014

An Efficient Way to Store Your Metals


Here is a simple way I keep my metals sorted and safely stored.

First, I purchased a plastic container made for holding files. Next, I labeled file folders for the type of metal stored in them.

I arranged the folders with small category metal types at the front, like silver solder and bezel wire. Then, I file from large gauge to small gauge round wire, square wire, flat wire, double dome wire, and then sheets. At the very back is copper and brass sheet and finally, tubing.

*Each sterling sheet is wrapped in paper towels so they don't get scratched and it keeps them from tarnishing.*

It's very easy to find what I need and it keeps the wire from getting tangled.

I hope this helps some of you out there with a tangled mess of wires!

Until next time, have fun claying around!






 
by Janet Alexander 
Technical Adviser

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks! And it just so happens I have an empty one sitting around, waiting!
Cheers

Marilyn Davenport said...

Thanks, Janet. I do not have much wire, but will arrange and store your way. I mostly work in Precious metal clay and polymer clay. Marilyn Davenport

Janet Alexander said...

Thank you Marilyn!