Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Close Distance Learning



We all have questions about process. Including me. And whenever I want more information about a particular technique or need to see a demo, I realize that the internet is my best friend! Surprisingly, there are a lot of great tutorials on Flickr. Some are videos, some require that you click from photo to photo and some will link to another site with all the information.

YouTube is also a wealth of free information. I've learned how to forge a fibula, change the tank on my propane torch, and of course learn a variety of metal clay skills. 

On Flickr search for 'tutorial', 'how to', or 'tute'. With YouTube, just put the exact information you're looking for into the search box. I'm going back right now to look into that torch fired enamel lesson in square #3. These all look great though, so I may spend my morning searching for wisdom!
 
by Lora Hart
Artistic Advisor

4 comments:

Cat Cannariato said...

Love it! Thanks

Vickie Hallmark said...

I'm also seeing a lot of tutorials on Pinterest, so started my own Reference board. The web is such a great resource!

Your Daily Jewels - Norah Downey said...

Thank so for this great compilation! I am 'self taught" and rely heavily on tutorials. When people ask me where I trained I tell them "You Tube University"! Lots more "schools' to visit now!

Lora Hart said...

Thanks all! Norah, I love 'You Tube University'! That's hysterical. There are many 'schools' on the web including some low cost classes at www.CraftCast.com ,
www.craftsy.com , and www. beaducation.com

Good luck in your continuing webucation. ;)