Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm At *Your* Service!

[Editor's note:  Due to an oversight, we originally published this post from Lora Hart at a really, really bad time. The night before Thanksgiving! Creative juices were flowing, but they had little to do with metal clay. 

We really do want to know what questions you would ask Lora if you had some one-on-one time with her. This is your chance. Leave a comment, send us an email, or drop Lora a line. Lora will take her marching orders for her 2013 posts from you!]


Posted by Lora Hart
Artistic Advisor


As the year is drawing to an end (can you believe it?), I've been reflecting on all the wonderful aspects of my metal clay career. From creating to teaching to mentoring to writing, I've been so lucky to have so many wonderful opportunities, to work with and meet so many talented artists, and to enjoy my work life like no 'job' I've ever had.


Since 2010, when this blog was born, I've tried to inspire our readers with posts on how and why to create an elevator speech, shared a bit about my own inspirations and process, offered suggestions on how to banish creative block (among other posts), and created the CornerStone Challenges. Now I would love some feedback and suggestions from you! What kind of posts would you like to read from your Artistic Advisor? Linda writes about teaching, Janet is the expert on all things technical, and now Kris Kramer will be sharing her expertise on the business side of art. In the past my posts have touched on all of these topics because I think they all are integral parts to being a well rounded artist, and they're all things I've struggled with, utilized in my own artistic practice, or wanted to learn more about.

Going forward, I want to make sure that you have the information and inspiration to be the best that you can creatively be, so please let me know how I can best serve you. Don't hold back. Ask for the moon, and I'll try to lasso it for you.

No comments: